Wednesday, April 29, 2009

20th Wedding Anniversary!





Today marks my 20th wedding anniverary. Wow. Twenty years sounds like such a long time but the time has flown by in some ways and crawled along in other ways. It hasn't always been a bed of roses but we love each other and are committed to our marriage and family. We can still laugh together and at each other so we must be doing something right!

Hubby is spending our special day in California with 5 of his students at the National DECA Competition. They knew it was our anniversary so one of them made us the most beautiful card. In it they thanked me for allowing him to make the sacrifice of going with them instead of being with me. They also thanked him for being such a great teacher and providing opportunities for them like this trip. What great kids! Teenagers are not always as self-absorbed as we think!

I am in the process of changing up our bedroom. Here is a little pillow I made in honor of our 20th.


Not a great picture but it is dark outside. The fabric is a scrap piece of linen I found at HL. I printed the initials from a word doc and used carbon transfer paper to outline them. A black paint pen completed the project!

Well, I am off to watch American Idol. I am totally rooting for Danny!

No comments: